If you’re looking to elevate your outdoor space throughout the winter months, consider container herb gardens. Though herbs won’t grow much throughout the winter seasons, they will add warmth, interest and great smell to your space and remain harvestable.
Herb Garden Pros:
- Since we don’t exactly experience freezes in Las Vegas, winter herb gardens should be easy to maintain.
- In case of wind, container gardens are mobile.
- By end of season, herbs can be transplanted in ground just in time for Spring.
What You’ll Need:
- Pots, or a container of some sort; A wide variety of option exist, choosing a container is your opportunity to incorporate the style of your choice into your outdoor living space.
- Sun; sunny decks, patios and even window sills make great spaces for your winter herbs. You can expect your herbs to thrive with about 4 hours of sunlight a day.
- Food & Soil; rich soil will yield rich herbs. In the event of harvest, you might consider organic fertilizer